Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Bringing Our Baby Home

First of all, it is still hard to believe that I get to keep Logan. I just look at him and think...I can't believe he is mine! Bringing him home was a much anticipated event. I had rocked in his nursery chair so many times just thinking about what it would be like when he was finally here. I used to sit in that chair and daydream about what he would look like and how it would feel to rock him to sleep. That being said, when the nurse came in the next afternoon after he was born and said I could be discharged by 5 pm THAT DAY I was NOT AT ALL ready!  She said she thought I had requested an early discharge! I was very quick to tell her that I was not ready and needed another night of recovery! That one extra day made all the difference. By the next morning (Friday, July 26) both Jacob and I were ready to get Logan home. The nurses and hospital staff went through a lot of information & discharged us around 2pm.  My mom came up to the hospital with us and helped pack things up and took pictures. We drove the few minutes home and the rest of the story I'll tell in pictures.

Getting him dressed to come home

The hat was too big, but I just love his little outfit! 

Headed home!

Ready to take Logan home.


In the car seat with his too big hat and too big socks :-)

Home sweet home!
(My dad was at our house when we got there putting up the sign and balloons!)

Tears of overwhelming joy as I rocked my baby Logan for the first time.
This is something I'd dreamed about doing for so long.

Healthy, Happy, & Home!

No comments:

Post a Comment