Friday, August 9, 2013

My husband...my best friend

Jacob started back to work on Wednesday of this week. Although Logan and I have been ok, we sure do miss him!  To top everything off, on his first day back one of his co-workers came down with a stomach bug after being in the office around Jacob all day! So now Jacob has been completely hands off of Logan, me, and Logan's room. Plus we have done a ton of hand washing and sanitizing.  I know it is killing him to be at work all day and then to not get to hold Logan when he gets home. I hope that we only need just one more day of this separation. By then we should know if he is going to get this bug or not. It's just not worth the risk of getting Logan sick since he is so young. That being said, I just wanted to express my thanks to my amazing husband. I can't brag about him enough.  He truly is amazing. I wrote a few things just to try to express how much I appreciate him.   

Wonderful husband,
Thank you for always having my best interest at heart.
Thanks for being my BEST friend - the one person I have always been able to turn to.
Thank you for comforting me and wiping my tears as you have throughout these years.
Thanks for fathering my son and not making me feel bad about my pregnant body, but instead helping me feel better about it.
Thank you for helping me feel better about myself, period.
Thank you for taking care of me whenever I am sick, tired, or otherwise out-of-order.
Thank you for being a part of my family and accepting them/us and all the craziness that encompasses.
Thanks for tolerating my pregnancy-induced mood swings.
Thanks for waking up with and taking care of Logan so I could get some sleep between feedings.
Thank you for already taking such a large part in taking care of him. You're already a great dad.
Thank you for making breakfast.
Thank you for washing the dishes and helping keep the kitchen clean.
Thank you for cleaning and doing laundry...I don't know how I got so lucky to have a husband that does these things!
Thank you for always being willing to refill my water.
Thank you for giving Snoopy attention during this transition period.
Thank you for being a Christian influence and leader in our home.
Thank you for being my main form of breastfeeding support.
Thank you for trying to give me what I need, even when I have no idea what that is!
Thank you for asking me to marry you, and for wanting to be in my life. I have never felt this loved before, nor have I loved this deeply before. In fact, you could say that I have never felt loved, nor have I loved compared to what we have.
Thanks for calming me down when I'm feeling worried.
Thank you for believing in me.
Thank you for rubbing my feet.
Thank you for taking care of the yard and keeping our flower beds looking great.
Thank you for maintaining the pool & keeping it clean and crystal blue.
Thank you for putting up with me.
Thank you for spoiling me.
Thank you for still having fun with me.
Thank you for worrying about me.
I could keep going forever and ever. I love you so much, and I am so happy, thankful, and blessed to have you in my life. Mostly I just want to say, thank you for loving me. You are my everything and I honestly do not know what I would do without you. I am looking forward to spending the rest of my life with you.



No comments:

Post a Comment