Saturday, August 10, 2013

Hospital - Logan's first days & Visitors

From the moment we laid eyes on our precious Logan, mommy and daddy were in love! He was so cute with his chubby cheeks and thick dark hair! I will never forget the feeling of holding my baby in my arms for the first time. There was instantly a bond that had formed over the past 39 weeks and was sealed with one look at his adorable face. While they took Logan to the nursery to give him a bath, take footprints, and give immunizations and such, I was finally able to eat after 24 hours of no food! I ate the hospital food and then ate a whole Chic fil a meal that Micah and Lauri brought me! My favorite part was the cookies and cream shake! Jacob videoed Logan's first bath at the hospital, and Logan absolutely hated it! (Actually Jacob hated watching it probably as much as Logan hated receiving it!) I still can't watch the video without tears building up in my eyes hearing him scream. It seemed like they kept Logan under the heat lamps for a long time after his bath. All the visitors were very anxious to see and hold Logan but by the time they brought him back into our room some of the visitors had to leave before they could hold him. Daddy changed Logan's first dirty diaper. He was a natural! Logan loved being swaddled from day one and still sleeps best all swaddled up.  Logan was pink and perfect when he was born and his beautiful tan skin tone (thanks Dad!) soon showed up. His eyes are blue like most babies, but at birth he already had a light brownish ring around his irises. This he also gets from his daddy :-) At times I see a little Jacob staring up at me, but every now and then I can see some Davenport in him. It depends on the angle and whether he is relaxed, asleep, awake or making an angry face! I have a strong feeling that he will look more and more like his Dad as he gets older...and I couldn't be happier!  His daddy is a very handsome man! 

Love at first sight!

Look at all that hair!

Such a happy moment...our first family photo!

First time in Dad's arms

Under the heat lamp

 
Ten toes...and they are pretty long toes for a baby!

Melt my heart!

Dad is a diaper changing pro :-)

My cuddle bear

I love him so much!

Proud Dad

Nothing but love

Here are some of the visitors that came to see him in the hospital :-) I know that the other half of my family were all really sad to not be able to be there when he was born. They were in Santa Monica, California and little Logan came a week early ;-)

"Na"

"Granna"


"Pops"

PeePaw & Pops


Na and Grandma

Cousin Barrett got so excited looking through the glass at Logan

Aunt Jade with cousins Grayden and Hunter...so many cousins around the same age!

Aunt Ki Ki

Uncle Steven

Aunt Lauri

Meeting cousins Remi and Roen

Tiffany Lake with baby Brock just weeks away from being born.

Claudia Wiginton

Cute family picture

Her son and grandson sure do look alike!

   
Our boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment